A Man's Story (2012)
SaleseOne International: +14166462400
UK / USTrinity Filmed Entertainment: 0207 297 9370
"It's a man's story. That's what it's all about. I've only ever filmed it as a journey of a guy" Director Varon Bonicos
Tailor to Hollywood's A-list, and a superstar in his own right, Ozwald Boateng is a dynamic force of energy, passion and colour.
1998: already celebrated as one of the most talented menswear designers in the world, Ozwald Boateng is about to go bankrupt and divorce his first wife. Through luck and circumstance director Varon Bonicos is able to switch on a camera. It continues to roll for the next twelve years. What emerges is a groundbreaking film that takes us on an exhilarating behind-the-scenes ride into the world of high fashion with one of one of the most influential menswear designers of his generation.
Ending in 2010 when Boateng closes London Fashion Week with the biggest menswear show in history, Bonicos is able to get behind the headlines and chart Boateng's singular dream to succeed. Instinctive, flawed and generous, A Man’s Story goes to the very heart of what Boateng has spent an entire career trying to distil: "what it is to be a man."
- Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2010
- Sheffield Doc/Fest 2011
- Rio International Film Festival 2011
- Cambridge Film Festival 2011
- Chichester International Film Festival 2011
- Black Film Festival Montreal 2011
- Warsaw Film Festival 2011
- Bergen International Film Festival 2011
- Glasgow Film Festival 2012
- Jameson Dublin International Film Festival 2012
- Sofia International Film Festival 2012
- Transilvania International Film Festival 2012
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Moscow 2012
- Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival 2012